On 8/19/06, Wendy Smoak <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
Can you recap what needs to happen?  Where are the source files, what
needs to be done to them, and what is the expected output?

The source files are the Java files themselves. There are xdoclet tags
in the source like

* @s.tag name="if" tld-body-content="JSP" description="If tag"
tld-tag-class="org.apache.struts2.views.jsp.IfTag"

The Ant build file then uses the xdoclet tags to write the taglib.tld
file (I believe).

From the taglib.tld file (I believe) we are generating a set of HTML
files to document the tags.

* http://struts.apache.org/2.x/tags/index.html

Of course, for this much, we could just edit the taglib.tld, instead
of fussing with the xdoclet tags, and generate the same soft of
taglibdocs we have for Struts 1.

The rub is that the "snippet" macros are referring to HTML that is
being generated by the webwork build system to automatically include
the list of parameters in the reference documentation. In the wiki,
the tag attributes are referred to as "parameters"

* http://cwiki.apache.org/WW/if.html

All of the text on these reference pages, except for the headings, are
coming from the Javadocs or the generated taglib documentation, or
other "dual use" sources.

Though, the taglibdocs are kinda nice too. I guess we should try
running the Struts 2 tags through the taglibdoc approach, so we can
compare apples to apples.