Excellent, I'm glad I asked.  I'll just let it be for now. . .

David

Don Brown wrote:
Talk to Bob Lee.  He is in the middle of creating a new API that would
replace how Struts 2 apps currently interact with the framework.  In
that work, he is creating new Struts interfaces, many of which simply
wrap xwork ones so that a Struts 2 application wouldn't be tied to or
even know about xwork.  The interfaces you bring up are part of that
conversion, already in progess.

Don