Let's see. The API is already being used to an extent, but I believe
there is remaining work to do.  The 2.0.1 distribution is already in
its final form. The only question is the quality grade. Right now,
it's heading toward beta, and it will probably be stuck there since it
has a dependency on XWork2-beta-1.

If another distribution in the 2.0.x milestone series is graded
"General Availablility" that doesn't put an end to the series. It just
means it's unlikely that we would break backward compatability in a
subsequent distribution in that milestone series. If we did need to
break compatabiltiy, we would increment the minor version number and
go onto the 2.1.x series.

The API was deemed optional for the Struts 2.0.x series, so we can
implement as much or as little as we like, so long as there are
volunteers willing to do the work. Personally, right now, I'm frying
other fish, but I suspect other volunteers might be interested in
pushing forward.

-Ted.