This is really a discussion for the Struts Users list, rather than the dev list; please follow up with any further questions there.

However, in brief, there is currently no support for displaying client-side validation errors as in-line HTML like you show server-side validation errors. Simply disabling client-side validation (by not using the html:javascript tag in your forms) should allow all validation to occur server-side, and all validation errors (from automatic validation and from and manual validation) to be displayed the same way.

L.

Sarry wrote:
I don't know how to implement it, cosider me a new bee here.
Lets take the scenario like I have a client side validation enabled for a
particlar field and it is done in java script so if some validation rule
fails it will pop an alert message, we have some business errors which are
shown on page itself with bold text or something.
we would like to have an uniform mechanism to get these alert messages to be
shown on the page itself.
this article is good but I m not sure if it is possible to validate on the
client side thru java script and pass the error message in Action error to
display on the JSP page thru HTML error tag.

I have one more approach if I disable this validation on the client side and
let the server validate it.howver i have no experience how to validate on
the server side and get the error message in the object?

Regards,
Sarry

Dave Newton-3 wrote:
User list.

I would like to know if there is any way to change the presentation of
struts validators framework errors.
http://struts.apache.org/1.2.x/userGuide/struts-html.html#errors

Dave