Martin,
This is *exactly* why I was suggesting a tag that simply renders a span or a div that can take care of rendering differences, regardless of the content within them.

In your reply to my earlier message, you described it as "a radical new tag library structure", which I didn't get, but now you're advocating what I was suggesting. So perhaps we agree on this after all.

I am speaking of library that does nothing more than take care of the HTML label tag, plus struts error customization.

Paul