Greg Reddin wrote:

On Nov 28, 2006, at 1:48 PM, David H. DeWolf wrote:

And, who's volunteering to Chair?

Perhaps it goes without saying, but the chair is actually appointed by the ASF board, we can only make a suggestion.

Though, it probably doesn't make sense to propose the TLP if we can't find anyone willing to accept the role. Right?

I went digging for some information about the role of a chair and found these:

    http://www.apache.org/foundation/how-it-works.html#pmc
    http://www.apache.org/dev/pmc.html#chair
    http://www.apache.org/foundation/faq.html#why-are-PMC-chairs-officers
    http://www.apache.org/foundation/bylaws.html (Section 6.3)
What I'm not sure of is whether there are any prequalifications for being a chair, for example, does a chair already have to be an ASF member or a PMC member of an Apache project? Or is it basically "whoever the board wants to appoint"?

Greg