On Nov 30, 2006, at 10:23 AM, Wendy Smoak wrote:

I'd like to see Greg or David as Tiles PMC Chair.

Well I've been thinking about it a lot over the last couple of days. It's funny how my feelings are almost exactly like David's :-) The spirit is willing, but the flesh is scared, stressed out, and has very little time :-)

My biggest concern right now is that my day job project is going into bi-weekly (every other week) release cycles starting tomorrow continuing for at least until the end of January and probably longer. After that we will probably be in monthly release cycles for most of the year. So.. if it comes up that a board report is due and my job deadlines are coming up then I think you know which one will get done first. Is there "grace" from the board wrt to these kinds of things?

My other biggest concern is that I've only been an apache committer for about a year and a PMC member for a few months. I'm still pretty green when it comes to all the foundation stuff. OTOH I have been following it for about 6 years and have picked up a lot of things by observation.

So, ok, I'll do it. I'll probably need lots of guidance from some of you for a while and probably some help getting things done, but I'm willing to take on the task.

Greg