On 12/5/06, Greg Reddin <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
One alternative I thought of last night is to bring Struts-Tiles into
the TLP as Tiles 1x.  We could quickly get a GA out so Tiles would
have a GA in and of itself.  Then we could continue work on Tiles 2.

Does anyone else see the need for that?

I think this is a bad idea for the following reasons:

1) Since it would be tied to Struts1, you're going to confuse your
uses offering a tiles1 verson that requires Struts1 and probably be
dismissed by some of your potential new user base thinking that its
the same old thing.

2) Struts1 may need to bugfix the existing tiles1 code and I don't
believe we should be hampered/prevented from doing this by the fact
that not all Struts committers are tiles committers.

Niall

Thanks,
Greg