Don Brown wrote:
Ok, but as I said, the tag should work as it did before.  We should have:
- DatePicker: the current dropdowndatepicker that lets you pick dates as before from a dropdown icon.
Ok, will we have a TimePicker also (same attributes as DatePicker)?

Furthermore, there should still be a text field tied to the component.
It has one already.
- PanelDatePicker: the current datepicker that shows a calendar in a div
- PanelTimePicker: shows a time chooser component in a div

Do you want to rename them or do you want me to send a patch? Another thing, this would block the build right?

musachy

Don

Musachy Barroso wrote:
The thing is that they are a little bit different, for example the current dropdown versions have the same properties for both the timepicker and the datepicker, that's why we have only one tag for them. We have two separate tags for the static ones (always visible). We can still have something like we had before, but we would have to split the dropdowndatetimepicker (long I know) in two identical tags with different name and call them "DatePicker" and "TimePicker", and rename the other ones to something else like "XDatePicker" and "XTimePicker" (where X is something meaningful).

musachy

Don Brown wrote:
That's fine, but the tag should still work as before. The idea of the ajax theme is that you get a certain behavior, no matter how it is implemented. Therefore, if we change the impl underneath, the end result should still be the same.

Don

Musachy Barroso wrote:
Don,

Dojo now supports both, that's why we have DatePicker, TimePicker and a DropDownDateTimePicker(which has a "type" attribute that can be either "date" or "time"), check the examples under:

showcase/src/main/webapp/ajax/dropdowntimepicker
showcase/src/main/webapp/ajax/dropdowndatepicker

musachy

Don Brown wrote:
When we moved from OpenSymphony to Apache, one great piece of software, the date picker, had to be dropped in favor of the inferior yet legal-friendly Dojo component. Unfortunately, the Dojo one didn't support the date picker as a popup calendar next to a text field, like the original one. To remedy this, I created a custom Dojo component that wrapped the calendar component as a popup calendar.

In fixing showcase issues, I see that this is missing. The calendar is back to the simple displayed component with no text field and no popup capabilities. Any reason why this was reverted?