On 1/11/07, Greg Reddin <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

Could you not just use:

    <tiles:insertTemplate name="head" ignore="true"/>

Nope.  "According to the TLD or the tag file, attribute template is
mandatory for tag insertTemplate"

And the value of template is passed straight on through to a
RequestDispatcher...

I haven't used the new taglib API yet, so I'm pretty rusty.

as am I... this is my first time!

In case you missed the intent of this change we were thinking that the
<tiles:insert> tag was too ambiguous.  So the intent was to simplify it
and
make it more clear.  If you have to use two lines as above I don't see
that
we simplified it any :-)

I inferred the intent.  I'm not sure if I agree with it or not, but I really
haven't thought about it much.  I agree there was lots of room for
simplification and clarification in Tiles, so I won't say it was the wrong
choice.  Besides, simplification and clarification are sometimes at odds
with each other!

Joe
--
Joe Germuska
[EMAIL PROTECTED] * http://blog.germuska.com

"The truth is that we learned from João forever to be out of tune."
-- Caetano Veloso