Actually http://cwiki.apache.org/S2PLUGINS/spring-webflow-plugin.html is the
latest and greatest with regard to SWF integration.  Also, if you're looking
for session type managment, checkout the scope plugin:
http://cwiki.apache.org/S2PLUGINS/scope-plugin.html.  (This is in the
sandbox, I haven't looked at the code yet so I'm not sure how far along it
is)
Tom

On 1/22/07, Mark Menard <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

On 1/22/07 10:36 AM, "Chris Wash" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I was wondering if any features are on the horizon to help a user
> manage conversational state, a la Seam's conversational scope, or
> Beehive's stateful pageflow, or a "Page session" in NetDynamics.
>
> I found an implementation of one out there with a quick Google,
> (http://www.vitarara.org/cms/node/84) but I feel this is something
> that has been on the back-burner with traditional MVC frameworks for
> too long.  It's too easy to get this wrong and is something that can
> be much easier to manage with some simple help at the framework level.
> Also, I find the "natural caching mechanism" and cleanliness of state
> that this approach provides are elegant solutions to tough
> state-management problems that are frequently the root of evil in web
> applications.

Hi Chris,

I agree that good conversation management is important. I am using the
interceptor that you found above. I have submitted it as a patch to S2,
but
my thought lately have been just to publish it as a plugin for Struts 2.
With the Struts 2 plugin system it is unnecessary to have everything be in
the mainline distribution.

Another thing you might want to look at for conversation management is
Spring Web Flow. There is an open JIRA ticket for this.
(https://issues.apache.org/struts/browse/WW-1525)

Mark