The blank application contains the files from the bootstrap tutorial.

* http://struts.apache.org/2.x/docs/bootstrap.html

The tutorial files are put "out of the way" so that people don't need
to delete them just to get started. But, they are still there for
reference. So, no, don't make the same changes, and, later, I'd like
to change the achetype back.