On 2/22/07, Paul Benedict <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
One thing I noticed in s1 is that there is no way to initialize a
command. I am not speaking about the public constructor, but a way for a
servlet-aware command to perform first-time initialization before its
execute() method gets invoked.

What should be done? I was thinking of adding a ServletAwareCommand
interface which a Command can implement to accept the ActionServlet, so
it can access other pieces of data from the web application. The RP will
then iterate the chain for these implementors.

Thoughts please? This is the best idea I can think of thus far. Does s2
do anything alike with its stack?

The Commands have access to the application scope through the context
- isn't that the best way to get any required resources that it needs
to use during execution?

Niall

Paul