On 7/24/07, Don Brown <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
As to how we could support your use case, I'm not sure.  Perhaps you could
use a JSP EL expression to resolve the field name as I believe JSP EL is
evaluated before Struts gets a hold of it.

Another avenue might be to expose the fieldnames object as a message
resource class and then use the key attribute.

What I would really like to try sometime is adding a way to lookup a
control name from a message resource, or somewhere, so that we could
just list the fields. So, instead of

<form>
<s:textfield key="username"  tooltip="Enter your user account name"/>
<s:radio key="gender" list="genderList" tooltip="Select your gender"/>
</form>

We could do something like

<form>
<controls>username, gender</controls>
</form>

and centralize the details elsewhere

username = User Name
username.control = textfield
username.tooltip = "Enter your user account name"

gender = Gender
gender.control = radio
gender.tooltip = "Select your gender"
gender.list = genderList