> > > In
> > > terms of reducing the actual amount of time spent on a release, a
> > > solid set of Selenium tests might make the most difference.
>
> > > +1
> > > I think that someone is already working on Selenium tests, or am I
> > > confusing with Struts 1?

> > Even if someone where, it's a very big job, and we could use all the
> > help we can get!

I started making some Selenium tests for the showcase a couple of months
ago after Ted suggested it.  I stopped for a couple of reasons, mainly
that we decided to stick with WebWork in the office.  But also to try
and get some feedback on what I had done so far.  Having not had being
involved in a release before I was unsure what ideally these tests
should cover.  Even with just building them with the Firefox plugin it
will take a fair amount of time, so I think if we could outline what we
need them to show it would potentially save a lot of wasted effort.  Do
we want them to just be the standard Selenium tests you may create for
your standard webapp, in this case the showcase, or do need to try and
have them go deeper to test the framework as a whole.  For example if I
was normally creating a registration test I might put in some duff
values to test validation works, but to test the framework we might need
to try submiting ognl expressions etc.

My original JIRA issue is here
http://issues.apache.org/struts/browse/WW-1912.  If there is renewed
interest in these I would be up for helping out again.

Martin.