Yikes....Sounds like there's more than a simple fix needed... Maybe
it's safer (for now, I'm pretty sure that I will bump into this
problem later) to just modify the workflow interceptors? What I need
is a simple check for a Boolean request attribute indicating if it
should be skipped or not. It's a specific need for the portlet plugin,
but it can be made general.

Nils-H