I keep getting build failures saying maven can't find xwork 2.1-SNAPSHOT:

------------

[ERROR] BUILD ERROR
[INFO] Failed to resolve artifact.

GroupId: com.opensymphony.xwork
ArtifactId: xwork
Version: 2.1-SNAPSHOT

Then, install it using the command:
    mvn install:install-file -DgroupId=com.opensymphony.xwork -DartifactId=xwork
 \
        -Dversion=2.1-SNAPSHOT -Dpackaging=jar -Dfile=/path/to/file

  com.opensymphony.xwork:xwork:jar:2.1-SNAPSHOT

from the specified remote repositories:
  Maven Snapshots (http://snapshots.maven.codehaus.org/maven2/),
  opensymphony (http://maven.opensymphony.com),
  apache.snapshots (http://people.apache.org/repo/m2-snapshot-repository),
  snapshots-maven-codehaus (http://snapshots.maven.codehaus.org/maven2)

Is this in some way related to this? And how do I fix it? Is there a
snapshot repository I'm missing in my local settings.xml file?

Nils-H