Could you commit your version as a development branch, rather than to
trunk?  I'm using/improving Codebehind right now in some of the new
features both in core and the rest plugin.  I'd also like a chance to
fully review the changes before we dump the old.

On 12/6/07, Brian Pontarelli <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> I'm going to start working on the SmartURLs port. Here's what I'm planning:
>
> 1. Deprecate all the current codebehind annotations and classes

I'm still not convinced this is a good idea, but as I said, I'll
reserve judgment till the merge branch is ready.

> 2. Create a new package named org.apache.struts2.plugin.codebehind

Use org.apache.struts2.codebehind, as it fits better with the
convention used by other plugins.

> 8. Add configuration for changing the names used to find action packages
> via configuration property struts.plugin.codebehind.actionPackage.names
>
> 9. Add support for action package exclusions via configuration property
> struts.plugin.codebehind.actionPackage.excludes

Regarding 8 and 9, I recommend simplifying the name as much as
possible, mainly because properties can alternatively be declared in
web.xml as init-params, which I've been finding more convenient
lately.

> 10. Remove ActionNames and ActionName in favor of a new Action
> annotation for methods (not sure about this yet)
>
> 11. Remove Namespace annotation (this should probably be handled
> entirely in the action annotations)

I still think we need to keep the idea of changing a namespace for all
actions in a package.  The package-info.java suggestion seems perfect.
 Same goes for specifying parent packages.

Thanks for taking this on, and I'm looking forward to finally
"finishing" this plugin :)

Don