Hi!

I've been debugging WW-2240 (had to install WebLogic 10 to reproduce
it) and have seen some strange behavior (at least I think so....) in
the ActionContext initialization and cleanup performed by the
FilterDispatcher. The problem is that the cleanup of the ActionContext
(ActionContext.setContext(null)) happens before the
FileUploadInterceptor is finished executing, so when a log statement
in the interceptor tries to access a value in the ActionContext, it
fails with an NPE. I think I've traced it down to this:

In the FilterDispatcher a call to ActionContextCleanUp.cleanUp(req) is
invoked in the finally block. In ActionContextCleanup.cleanUp, the
request is checked for a COUNT request attribute to see if the context
should be cleaned up. And in this case, this attribute is always null,
since it's only set and incremented in ActionContextCleanUp.doFilter
(which in this case is not configured in web.xml). So it seems strange
to me that the FilterDispatcher tries to clean up the context when it
apparently does not keep track of if it should be cleaned or not
("nested" invocation)?

Is this an actual bug, or am I just overlooking something?

I could only reproduce this in WebLogic 10. So it's apparently
container dependent how this is handled.

Nils-H