On Fri, Mar 28, 2008 at 10:14 PM, Jeromy Evans
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

>  ie. is it safe to execute the release goal with -DdryRun=true?  or does
>  this risk committing?

Yes, it's safe.  As long as you don't misspell dryRun (I've missed the
capital R before...)

Even if you do accidentally commit, it's not *that* big of a deal.
This history is always there in Subversion, we can roll back.

>  At the moment we can only sit around hoping someone with enough
>  experience has enough time to make a release, which is not good.

Antonio pointed to the correct page.  Looks like another improvement
could be made to "attach" the assemblies so they don't have to be
built separately, but it's definitely progress!  It really should be
as simple as 'mvn release:prepare; mvn release:perform'.  Eventually.

--
Wendy