2008/5/15 Laurie Harper <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:
> I dug a little deeper, and found the work-in-progress policy covering this
> issue [3]. GPL and LGPL licensed libraries are explicitly excluded from
> being included in / distributed with Apache projects there, but it doesn't
> address the new (v3) revisions of those licenses.

Notice that this does not mean that you cannot use a LGPL package as a
dependency, but only that you must not distribute it.
For example, in Struts 2 there is a JasperReports plugin.
JasperReports is LGPL, so it is not distributed, but it is used to
create a plugin (the plugin, obviously, is distributed).
The user must download JasperReports by him/herself.

Antonio