From: Dave Newton <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: Struts Developers List <dev@struts.apache.org>
Sent: Thursday, July 10, 2008 1:19:47 PM
Subject: Re: dojo plugin

My take on it is that a limited amount of functionality is valuable--make the
simplest use-cases extremely simple. Anything beyond that it's better to just
use the framework raw; there are many advantages to that approach. Anything
beyond simple use-cases requires JavaScript code anyway; might as well just use
the language that's best suited to the task.

My own jQuery plugin does this, the simple stuff can be done with tags;
anything beyond that I do by hand.

Dave