On Sat, Aug 23, 2008 at 5:03 PM, Jeromy Evans
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> > However, there is an additional
problem that the applications do not support
> the groupId completely.
>
> The classes are generated in "net/wsmoak/example" but:
>  struts.xml references class="example.HelloWorld"; and
>  HelloWorld.java states the package is "package example";
>
> Strangely, this doesn't prevent it from running.  Is there a way for Maven
> to insert the groupId as a prefix in arbitary files so that struts.xml and
> the java use the correct package?

Does it just need to go *in* the file?  The files in the archetype are
essentially velocity templates, so ${package} should work. (For
example, [1].)

But I also remember this problem:  http://jira.codehaus.org/browse/ARCHETYPE-65

The old Archetype plugin couldn't arrange non-java resources into the
package structure along with the Java sources. Apparently it's fixed
in the new one-- we probably need to change from mvn archetype:create
to archetype:generate or something.

Looking closer... the docs only explain how to use the _starter_
archetype, not the blank one.  So if the starter archetype is working,
let's release that so we can finally point users to a stable released
archetype.

[1]
http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/maven/archetype/branches/archetype-1.0.x/maven-archetype-bundles/maven-archetype-quickstart/src/main/resources/archetype-resources/src/main/java/App.java

--