> 1. Running mvn archetype:generate and selecting
> 19=>struts2-archetype-starter results in
> "struts2-archetype-starter:2.0.9-SNAPSHOT not found" error. Does someone
> need to update it to use recommended version 2.0.11.2? (Running mvn
> archetype:generate with archetype version 2.0.11.2 also results in "not
> found" error.)

All Struts2 snapshot archetypes were removed from main Maven archetype
catalog, there was discussion to release new version of that
archetypes. As I recall, they should be removed from catalog, but it
looks they are back ;-)

> 2. mvn:create works fine now if 2.0.11.2 version is requested, as mentioned
> in the Struts 2 documentation[1]. But Maven documentation says that
> mvn:create is now deprecated[2].

You can use mvn archetype:generate with option
-Darchetype.interactive=false then it will behave like old
archetype:create (you will have to specified all options by hand)

Regards
--
Lukasz
http://www.lenart.org.pl/