> Can you be more specific about what's not going into the right place?

The resources, at least; for example I'm working on struts2-blank-archetype.
The Java code is moved, the resources aren't, so the tests fail because the
package.properties isn't in the correct location.

In the Java code the package statements are obviously wrong too, and the config
files don't get the groupId either. So it doesn't really compile without a
number of manual changes.

(It's totally possible I'm doing it completely wrong, of course.)

> What command are you using?

mvn archetype:create
    -DarchetypeGroupId=org.apache.struts
    -DarchetypeArtifactId=struts2-archetype-blank
    -DarchetypeVersion=2.1.3
    -DgroupId=com.davenewton.s2archetype
    -DartifactId=1.0

(From a locally-installed archetype-blank.)

> (And what version of the archetype plugin?)

Um... Not sure.

$ mvn -Dplugin=install help:describe
[INFO] [help:describe]
[INFO] org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-archetype-plugin:1.0-alpha-7

Name: Maven Archetype Plugin
Group Id: org.apache.maven.plugins
Artifact Id: maven-archetype-plugin
Version: 1.0-alpha-7
Goal Prefix: archetype
[etc.]

I'll be on the road for the rest of the day, so probably won't get a chance to
read/respond until tomorrow, so no rush.

Thanks,
Dave