On Thu, Apr 23, 2009 at 5:52 AM, Wes Wannemacher <w...@wantii.com> wrote:

> Unless someone can raise a decent reason not to do it, I'd like to
> move the assembly in the struts2 build into it's own profile. I don't
> mind Hudson and Bamboo creating the zips through the assembly module,
> but I like to keep up-to-date and running mvn clean install -Pall on
> my machine takes an extra ten minutes. Moving it into a profile will
> still leave it available, but you'll have to do 'mvn -Pall,assembly
> install' to build. 'mvn -Pall install' will build everything it builds
> now, except the assembly.

Wait!  I think Musachy just spent some time rearranging things so that
the default build does *everything* in order to make the release
process simpler.  I wasn't aware we still had the 'all' thing though.

If you put the assembly back in a plugin, consider activating it on
the absence of a property.  That is, 'mvn clean install' builds
everything, and if you *don't* want the assembly, you do something
like mvn clean install -Dno-assembly or -Dassembly=false

Ideally someone who knows Maven and is new to Struts just has to type
"mvn clean install" and they get absolutely everything without having
to consult the README file or know what exact incantation to invoke.

--
Wendy