Welcome! By the way, I wrote the developer of Sitemesh 3, and will see about getting a plugin available for the new codebase too.

By the way, I am testing a version of the plugin now with a bit more detail in the error reporting (reports URL and query with failed decorator). This is nice because right now it just reports where it failed on a decorator, not the page it was decorating, or the request it received. For instance, this is what is reported...

=====
[2009-10-21 15:39:29,574]

ERROR

freemarker.runtime

Error on line 51, column 11 in decorators/auth.ftl
request.getAttribute("settings") is undefined.
It cannot be assigned to settings
The problematic instruction:
----------
==> assignment: settings=request.getAttribute("settings") [on line 51, column 11 in decorators/auth.ftl]

Java backtrace for programmers:
freemarker.core.InvalidReferenceException: Error on line 51, column 11 in decorators/auth.ftl
request.getAttribute("settings") is undefined.
It cannot be assigned to settings
====

After I test this a bit, I think many people would love to get this additional detail (the request URL). Should I make another patch for this in a few days, or should I wait for you to commit the first one and I can push it later...

-- Christian