On Fri, Apr 15, 2011 at 8:53 AM, Jason Pyeron <jpye...@pdinc.us> wrote:
> Our office is agressivly scratching some itches right now with regards to
> struts. We will be opening a ticket for each patch / issue. But I am afriad
> that
> the lag between adoption of the patches will cause a build up of deltas
> against
> the committed code. I think this was a type of issue to justify git.

Have you seen the git mirrors?  I see Struts listed, but I'm not sure
exactly what's there or whether it would be useful:
http://git.apache.org/ . Out to the right there's a link to github.

Commit access to svn usually comes after submitting patches and
participating for a while.  Though I understand the git philosophy is
different, we don't yet have canonical git repos at Apache.  (Some
people are working on it, and apparently there's a way for committers
to use git but write through to svn.  There is some info here:
http://www.apache.org/dev/git.html )

--
Wendy