When Martin informed the PMC that he thinks it's time to pass the torch,
it was much to the regret of all of us. I think we all wished that he
would carry on to be our chair for the next six years (at least) - not
only because we were "so used" to him, but because he made such an
absolutely awesome job as our PMC chair.

There are a couple of write-ups of what the duties of a PMC chair are
and how one should act in this role, and I've read them all (at least I
hope ...) - but most importantly I've seen Martin over the last couple
years filling all this theory with life and spirit.

I feel honored to follow Martin as PMC chair, and if you're asking what
changes you'll have to expect - well, Martin has less work now, and I
have a little bit more. That's basically all, folks :)

Thanks Martin for your hard work and dedication over the last couple of
years!

- René

On 23.04.11 19:52, Martin Cooper wrote:
> After six years, I've elected to step down as Chair of the PMC, and
> pass the torch to someone else. The Struts PMC recommended to the ASF
> Board that René Gielen be appointed to this position as my
> replacement, and the Board has approved that recommendation.
>
> Please welcome René as the new Struts PMC Chair. Congratulations, René!
>
> --
> Martin Cooper

René Gielen
http://twitter.com/rgielen