+1 for git flow as the way to go, including excellent tooling - command
line extensions, Atlassian Sourcetree support and even a IDEA plugin
(https://github.com/OpherV/gitflow4idea) help to make this an elegant
abstract and reliable workflow.

-1 for moving trunk only. We don't want to lose history, and we would
not want two repositories for one project (Struts 2). Once we moved to
git, the full struts2 svn tree should either be switched to read-only
or/and later be removed.

+1 for dealing with ../branches/STRUTS_3_X etc as hierarchical feature
branches from which single feature branches will be forked for actual
development - at least for now. I want to investigate further on this
one, but basically there should not be a problem if we start like this.

- René

Am 12.09.13 21:48, schrieb Johannes Geppert:
> +1 for starting with the Git migration process.
>
> What about only migrating the current svn struts2/trunk to git and leave
> the rest in the svn repository?
>
> If we need sometime also the site in git we can request a separate git
> repository like struts-site.git.
>
> Johannes

> web: http://www.jgeppert.com
> twitter: http://twitter.com/jogep
>

> 2013/9/11 Lukasz Lenart <lukaszlen...@apache.org>
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> I'd like to start discussion about the migration process - there are
>> few things we must clarify, at least:
>> - Git structure
>> - development flow
>>
>> I think we should have just one repo: git.apache.org/struts.git and
>> diverse versions internally via branches - so the current S2 source
>> become the base and then we will transfer it to 2.5 and 3 in the
>> future.
>>
>> As a flow I like git-flow [1] - well known and used
>>
>> [1] https://github.com/nvie/gitflow
>>

>> Regards
>> --
>> Łukasz
>> + 48 606 323 122 http://www.lenart.org.pl/
>>
>> PS. It'll be implemented after cleaning up current pipeline :-)

René Gielen
http://twitter.com/rgielen