Thanks Markus and Christoph! Please see inline and see if it satisfies those
challenges.

Yes. By "config element" I meant they will be able to override it or set it to
a very large number to disable it in their struts.xml. Please see also below.

>Regards,
>Christoph
>

>> Seems to me not to be the right place to correct any possible
>> problems, and far off any related root of a possible issue.
>>
>> The config would definitively need an option to be disabled totally. I
>> expect very unexpected and hard to trace side effects, depending on
>> the application in place.

Yes I have already thought that users might have long expressions e.g. <s:if
test="<long expression>" but I think there exists an N such that no user has
any expression longer than N. For example I guess N=200. Somebody might claim
N=500 but at bottom we can discuss and find a default for N.

Furthermore we will log.warn() such unlikely expressions before blocking them,
so user will be able to find and amend them which makes code more readable and
maintainable -- obviously a raw expression longer than 200 should be hard to
maintain and read :)

Best Regards.