Thanks Greg, very good catch :)

The problem is that the tag is using DateTimeFormatter [1] (a new API
introduced in JDK 8), but the unit tests are using SimpleDateFormat
[2] (an old API) and both of these classes are using slightly
different patterns [3]. The change has been made to support Java 8
LocalDate [4] and others introduced in JDK8, yet the SimpleDateFormat
supports only java.util.Date.

I added a note to the ticket and I will extend the migration guide.

[1]
https://docs.oracle.com/javase/8/docs/api/java/time/format/DateTimeFormatter.html
[2] https://docs.oracle.com/javase/7/docs/api/java/text/SimpleDateFormat.html
[3]