Hello.

I'm learning subversion API right now and examining it's source code and examples. It's a lot of things in subversion source code that is called a "baton". For example, svn_cmdline_create_auth_baton() create "auth baton", and callbacks takes callback function pointer and, again, batons. I never heard of a term "baton" related to the programming. That is the "baton" concept subversion source code refers to? Maybe i can read somewhere about "batons" used in programming? Or is it a well-known term of some origin?

Best,
Grigory.