On Mon, Feb 14, 2011 at 21:14, C. Michael Pilato <cmpil...@collab.net> wrote:
> On 02/14/2011 01:57 PM, Ivan Zhakov wrote:
>> So I'm propose just to remove DAV properties cache from ra_serf.
>> Objections? Comments?
>>
>> PS: See attached patch in case you'd like test performance.

[...]

> But what is the effect for older servers?  Would it make sense keep the
> cache logic, but conditionally use it only for non-HTTPv2 connections?

Mike

It's not easy to measure network performance because of different
environments and etc.

Here is number of requests for simple operations against non-HTTPv2 server:
              serf   serf (no-cache)  neon
info                 7           9                17
ls                   7            8                14
log                  7           8                13
pl -v                7           8                14

As you see only 1-2 requests are cached. And actually they cannot be
cached because it's PROPFIND of baseline collection of *youngest*
revision. Current ra_serf implementation assumes that property values
doesn't change during all session lifetime (see problem (3)).

--
Ivan Zhakov