Mark Phippard <markp...@gmail.com> writes:

> On Tue, Aug 9, 2011 at 4:49 PM, <michael_rytt...@agilent.com> wrote:
>
>> ** **
>>
>> Ok, I’ve tracked down which revision caused the problem.  It happened in
>> rev 1104160.  Stefan2 made a change to utf.c to speed up UTF8 conversion.
>> Ever since this change went in I am seeing subversion crash when I compile
>> on 64bit el4.****
>>
>> ** **
>>
>> Just for kicks and giggles I updated to the HEAD revision of
>> http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/subversion/trunk.  Did a reverse merge on
>> rev 1104160, cleaned up the conflicts and built it and viola!  No more
>> crashing when built on 64bit el4.
>>

> Thanks.  Moving the thread to dev@
>
> Can someone look at this and possibly fix it?
>
> If you are not on users@, and to summarize this thread.  SVN builds fine on
> RHEL 4 64-bit but crashes immediately on any command, even svn help.  I saw
> the same problem with our builds.

It could be a compiler/optimiser bug.  Which compiler are you using?
Can you provide a stack trace of the crash (with debug symbols please)?
Does the crash go away if you compile utf.c without optimisation?  Which
version of APR are you using?  Is APR_HAS_THREADS defined in apr.h?

--
uberSVN: Apache Subversion Made Easy
http://www.uberSVN.com