On 09/12/2011 09:58 AM, Julian Foad wrote:
> I take some offence at that.  Sure it's a not a problem that's been
> proven to need solving -- and I agree it quite likely is low on the
> priority list in pragmatic terms.  I DON'T ASK YOU TO FIX IT.  But I'm
> interested more in the theory and the potential for even being able to
> describe mergeinfo changes in some way that makes sense to the user.

Sorry, Julian.  I guess I was sensing more along the lines of "The current
behavior is a problem" (assertion) than of "Is the current behavior a
problem?" (question) as I read the thread.  Of course I wouldn't discourage
anyone from stepping back to evaluate Subversion's behavior at a higher
level.  I guess I would just caution against not stepping back *far enough*.

--
C. Michael Pilato <cmpil...@collab.net>