[Hyrum K Wright]
> I think we can reasonably assume that Python 2.5 is generally
> available.  For reference, we currently require and SQLite that is
> only 2.5-years-old.

Obligatory "what about Debian users, since that platform is always so
far behind": the oldest supported Debian release, lenny, has Python
2.5.2.  In about a month we'll stop supporting that, then the oldest
python supported by Debian will be 2.6.6, in squeeze.

(Technically, squeeze still ships 2.5, but /usr/bin/python is 2.6.)

So, +1.  Nobody needs to build Subversion on a platform older than
Debian's oldest supported release.  (: