On 2/21/12 5:00 AM, Daniel Shahaf wrote:
Philip Martin wrote on Tue, Feb 21, 2012 at 12:32:43 +0000:
The dumpfile order is more interesting.  Although we don't specify the
dumpfile order until now it has been repeatable, at least when using the
same executable/libraries.  I can see that this repeatability is useful
to an administrator.  Rather than fixing the testsuite to ignore
dumpfile order changes perhaps we should remove the random behaviour and
continue to provide repeatable dumpfiles?  This would involve using
apr_hash_make_custom rather than apr_hash_make.  I don't know whether

Instead of apr_hash_make_custom(), couldn't we dump entries in directory
order instead?  That makes the order a function of the repository mirror
dumped, rather than of the software version used.

After using git for a while, I've become used to it alphabetically sorting all all output. It's useful when reading a long diff to know how far into it you are, for writing log messages when you want the files listed alphabetically.

I'd be more for a solution that puts sorting everywhere.

Blair