On 08/21/2012 11:09 AM, C. Michael Pilato wrote:
On 08/21/2012 01:54 PM, Blair Zajac wrote:
On 08/21/2012 10:29 AM, cmpil...@apache.org wrote:
Author: cmpilato
Date: Tue Aug 21 17:29:40 2012
New Revision: 1375675

Log:
Introduce a new 'init-commit' hook script which runs immediately after
the commit txn is created and populated with initial txnprops.

I'm curious where this is used.  This is just after the txn is begun but
before any modifications are made in it?

That's correct.  Well, not before *any* modifications are made.  The
libsvn_repos-level code which creates commit transactions also sets a bunch
of txnprops (author, date, plus any user-supplied ones such as log messages
or custom revprops) on the newly created transaction.  This hook runs
immediately after that initial batch of txnprop changes is made.

Is the use case it to check the txn props that aren't available in start-commit?

Calling this "init" isn't self documenting, it's not clear where in the
commit steps it occurs.  It doesn't fit in the "pre-" or "post-" convention
where it's clear where it runs in the order.

I agree that the name isn't ideal.

Calling this "post-create", "post-txn-create" would be a clearer name. Given
this hook is infrequently used, I would prefer the later.

I actually considered using "post-create-txn" and renaming "start-commit" to
"pre-create-txn" (with code to run "start-commit" iff not "pre-create-txn"
hook exists, for compat purposes).

+1. I always have to remember which comes first, start-commit or pre-commit, so this renaming helps.

Blair

Any thoughts on that?