On Tue, Jul 9, 2013 at 4:37 PM, Daniel Shahaf <d...@daniel.shahaf.name>wrote:

> Separately, is there a reason the compiled swig-* docs aren't online on
> http://subversion.apache.org/docs/, alongside the C and javahl ones?  At
> least the Perl ones are on CPAN[1],

[1]
> http://search.cpan.org/~mschwern/Alien-SVN-v1.7.3.1/src/subversion/subversion/bindings/swig/perl/native/Client.pm

I'm very grateful to Michael Schwern for providing these, but there's no
guarantee he will do that forever.

(I don't think anyone ever asked that question on users@, though.)

Maybe this an indication that nobody actually uses the Perl bindings?
I've seen lotsa Perl scripts doing Subversion stuff, but almost all are
simply using the CLI to access Subversion. Even scripts in the contrib
section of our repository (e.g. svn_load_dirs.pl) do it that way.

Looking into Debian I only found two actual users of the Perl bindings
(i.e. "reverse dependants" of Debian package libsvn-perl).
One is SVN::Web, an almost obsolete Web UI. The other is svn-git :)

Cheers, Roderich