As far as I can tell we handled this limitation as 'as designed' when
implementing WC-NG.

I don't think this is something we can really 'fix', as older clients will just
break things when they would find such a 'symlink'.

The idea back then (ask gstein :-) was to move away from using a single magic
property for this, if we ever wanted to support more 'special' files.

        Bert