Philip Martin wrote:

> Is it worth stripping tools/buildbot from the tarball?  The files are no
> real use in the tarball but they are not very big either, perhaps 12KB
> in the tarball and 248KB unpacked.

It seems a bit ugly to be selectively including and excluding parts of the
'tools' directory.

This idea suggests to me that 'tools/' is not the right place for the buildbot
config. Perhaps they should go in a higher-level directory. Even outside the
trunk/branches/tags directories, since the complete set of buildbot configs
should not be specific to one branch of the source code but rather should be a
single set of configurations that handle all currently interesting
trunks/tags/branches.

(The same argument may apply to any scripts we have for building / releasing /
packaging / testing / signing, that are used for multiple branches.)

- Julian