Please find attached a patch which provides the missing notification at the
start of exporting externals. Since I've never before worked on subversion
code, please review it especially carefully :) I apologize for possible blunt
errors in advance.

This patch only fixes the missing notification of starting to export externals.
It does not address the second part of issue #4527, which is the premature
reset of the in_external flag in the case of nested externals, which also
affects checkouts. To me it seems that the best option for fixing that issue
would be to turn the bool flag into a counter which keeps track of the "stack
deptch" of externals, but I am not totally sure about how this affects the ABI
and whether there might be better ways of fixing this. Any comments/ideas?
Since this is not really the same issue but more of a closely related issue, I
can turn this into a second issue if this is preferred.

[[[
(Partially) Fix Issue #4527: Notify start of exporting external

* subversion/libsvn_client/externals.c
   (svn_client__export_externals): Send svn_wc_notify_update_external
notification before handling external.
]]]

Cheers,
Michael