Sergey Raevskiy <sergey.raevs...@visualsvn.com> writes:

> +  /* Set an empty pre-commit hook. */
> +#ifdef WIN32
> +  SVN_ERR(svn_io_file_create(
> +      "test-repo-deprecated-access-context-api/hooks/pre-commit.bat",
> +      "exit 0" APR_EOL_STR, pool));
> +#else
> +  SVN_ERR(svn_io_file_create(
> +      "test-repo-deprecated-access-context-api/hooks/pre-commit",
> +      "#!/bin/sh" APR_EOL_STR "exit 0" APR_EOL_STR, pool));
> +  SVN_ERR(svn_io_set_file_executable(svn_repos_pre_commit_hook(repos, pool),
> +                                     TRUE, FALSE, pool));
> +#endif

I'd probably use svn_repos_pre_commit_hook in all three places (use
apr_pstrcat to add the .bat) rather than hard-coding the hook name.

I would expect this to work in practice as I've never seen a Unix
machine without /bin/sh, but I suppose strictly speaking we cannot rely
on /bin/sh.  Is it portable enough?  I suppose we could have a configure
variable based on CONFIG_SHELL.  Or have a configure variable based on
PYTHON and write the hook in python.  Or perhaps compile some C to
produce an executable and use that by copying it into the repository.

--
Philip Martin | Subversion Committer
WANdisco // *Non-Stop Data*