On 12.10.2015 13:49, Bert Huijben wrote:
-----Original Message----- From: Marc Strapetz
[mailto:marc.strap...@syntevo.com] Sent: maandag 12 oktober 2015
13:37 To: Bert Huijben <b...@qqmail.nl>; dev@subversion.apache.org
Subject: Re: svn status API and missing switched flag

The old behavior makes sense if you think as the 'S' as switched
against the
ancestor... If you are not looking at an ancestor it can't be
switched.

If you see the behavior in 1.7, 1.8 or 1.9 then I agree that the
api should at
least provide switched information.

I see this behavior with SVN 1.9.2.

I already reproduced the behavior, but thanks for confirming.

I'm looking what the options are here... It looks like it was an
explicit api decision for the status walker. (The single status
result api does provide the switched flag!)

Just adding the flag as simple fix would make the status much slower
on a single directory without recursion. Every db transaction counts
in this performance critical scenario. And as this was implemented
explicitly this way for wc-ng we really have an api change at hand.

Just to mention, I'm using JavaHL. So I guess I don't have access to the single status API at all?

Either way, I've now worked around the problem by manually comparing the expected URL (using the parent URL which I always know in my case) against the actual URL and deriving the 'switched' state from this comparison. So no problem to wait for an API change in a future release.

-Marc