On 08.09.2016 18:51, Daniel Shahaf wrote:
Stefan Fuhrmann wrote on Thu, Sep 08, 2016 at 17:51:47 +0200:
It appears that it might be very hard to get such data into the
repository because we use the same parser function in e.g. the
network layer and the editor drivers. Not sure we all for MD5s etc.
to be missing in all relevant places.
Let's get this function to return a non-NULL svn_checksum_t object for
the all-zeroes checksum when we next revv it.  (This would be a better
interface since it would have fewer special cases.)
That would make sense. Although I would hesitate
to revv the API if that was the only change: We call
it in ~30 places and probably use the current quirk
to provide backward compatibility with old clients
and such. Migrating these invocations seems risky.

-- Stefan^2.