Mark Phippard wrote on Tue, Jan 24, 2017 at 17:06:43 -0500:
> On Tue, Jan 24, 2017 at 4:45 PM, Luke Perkins <lukeperk...@epicdgs.us>
> wrote:
> > I completely disagree with this statement. I have nearly 300GB of dump
> > files used as a means of backing up my repositories.
>
> OK, but aren't you moving the goal posts now?  You are implying those old
> dump files no longer work or will not load.

Just to this one point: I don't think Luke was implying this, nor do
I think he was moving the goal posts; he had described his "300GB
existing backups" situation earlier.  (On the jira ticket, I think)

> That is not true.  The only issue is with your own process where you
> diff a dump file.  Mike is simply saying you are doing something we
> never claimed should work.  The fact that it did for you was just luck
> that may have ran out.

To be clear, I agree that we never promised that cmp(1) would work, even
though it happened to.

Cheers,

Daniel