On 2/23/2017 9:02 PM, Øyvind A. Holm wrote:
This is the only known SHA-1 collision at the moment, but Google will
release the collision code in 90 days, so we can expect this not to last
forever.
Reading up on that in an article on a German magazine [1] clarifies that the effort to create that hash still quite large (6500 CPU years + 100 GPU years to calculate the collision). So this relativates the impact a bit. Certainly I'm not trying to say that the situation on SVN's side should/could not be improved, though.

[1] https://www.heise.de/newsticker/meldung/Todesstoss-Forscher-zerschmettern-SHA-1-3633589.html

--
Regards,
Stefan Hett