On 15.03.2017 10:55, Daniel Shahaf wrote:
>From the 1.10 draft release notes:

All wildcards apply to full path segments only, i.e. * never matches
/, except for the case where /**/ matches zero or more path segments.
For example, /*/**/* will match any path which contains at least
2 segments and is equivalent to /**/*/* as well as /*/*/**.
expected the first two to match any node except / and /'s immediate
children, but I wouldn't expect the third form to match /trunk/iota
where iota is a file, since the pattern has a trailing slash after the
non-optional second component.
How do you know that /trunk/iota is a file?

The problem is that the authz callback does not provide
enough context information to make that distinction.
We might extend the interface in the future - allowing
to restrict rules to exclusively match files or dirs only.

But making that backward compatible adds quite a bit
of complexity that I don't want to pile on there in 1.10.

-- Stefan^2.