Stefan wrote:
On 07/04/2018 20:37, Julian Foad wrote:
Looks like we should make two more tweaks to announcement email templates - see
below. I'll do it, at least in time for final 1.10.0 announcement, if nobody
beats me to it.

Would be nice to do it in time to re-send this rc2 email to announce@a.o but I
don't think that's so important.
[...]
Replaced all http links with https ones in both templates.

Thank you! I re-sent the RC2 email to annou...@apache.org.

I didn't re-send to the Subversion lists. The next time (the real 1.10.0 I hope) it will be the updated version.

Regarding the link to s.a.o I'm not sure where, how and if at all to put
it in the templates... There are already three links to s.a.o (download
page, release notes, and mailing lists). If I'd put a link to s.a.o I'd
place it right below the first line (after "Apache Subversion
[version].") but then there's already the link to the download page two
lines below... Therefore, I'm quite a bit unsure about whether it
wouldn't be unnecessary and just bloat the mail with yet another link...

So I'll better leave that part for someone else to decide (not going to
argue against it being added).

Same here. Some day perhaps we should review the content of announcements in the context of all Apache projects -- some have "about our project" and "about Apache" and "how to unsubscribe" sections, and so on. I'm not going to make more changes just now.

- Julian